Youth Dance and Theater Classes
Registration for 2020-2021 Classes is CLOSED.
Please see our SUMMER 2021 Camps and Classes.
COVID REOPENING PLANS
We appreciate and respect that many of our families have varying opinions based on individual circumstances. Our priority was to create a plan that allowed both in-person and virtual options when possible to allow all families to continue participation in a way they felt most comfortable. We will continue to do everything we can to support our students, families, faculty, and staff needs, keep safety a priority, adapt to new ways of learning, provide quality arts education and other engaging opportunities through the various pandemic phases, and look to a better future. We will communicate modifications to this plan as we strive to improve our offerings and experiences and stay up-to-date with changing requirements and guidelines along the way.
Like many organizations, we have faced many challenges and tough decisions in response to an unexpected global health pandemic. This has not been easy for anyone, but we feel fortunate to have a loyal, supportive community #keepingthejoy of MSA alive. Although we are not back to 100% in-person training, we look forward to the time when it is safe to do so.
“Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.”
Youth Dance and Music Theater Classes:
- Alternating groups rotating between virtual and in-person classes. Rooms will be equipped with AV equipment to allow virtual and in-person participation simultaneously.
- Class divisions will begin in thirds based on current social distancing requirements, studio space, and logistics. Groups A, B, and C will remain in-person for the entire week and then spend the next two weeks training virtually at home until the rotation begins again. This plan ensures students will be able to attend consecutive classes in person on the same week.
- We will continue to monitor class sizes and increase in-person class size when it is safe to do so.
- Students will have the option to remain 100% virtual.
Private Music Lessons: 100% virtual
- Students will have the option to use a music room (alone) for their lesson during their “in-person” weeks if between two classes. They will need a personal device to connect virtually with their teacher who will be teaching from home.
Studio Theater Classes (Acting 1-4): 100% virtual
- Students will have the option to use a studio during their “in-person” weeks if unable to return home from another Saturday class in time to attend virtually. MSA will live stream the teacher to allow for participation.
Further details are available HERE