EVENING RECEPTION POSITION
Metropolitan School of the Arts (MSA), a performing arts education nonprofit in Alexandria, Virginia, seeks an hourly receptionist to assist the organization during late afternoon and evening hours.
MSA is a comprehensive arts institution offering classes, experiences, and performances and exhibitions in and of dance, music, and theater for students of all ages. The School also includes a private conservatory daytime program that offers academic and arts opportunities for students in grades 7-12. The School serves people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities, providing opportunities for creative expression, education and audience awareness in all of these art forms.
Our office team members are a vital part of our success. The position involves interacting regularly with children, parents, faculty and other staff members to support our overall mission.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Greeting customers and other visitors.
- Answering phone calls and responding to general emails.
- Answering questions regarding scheduling and registration.
- Setting studios for evening classes at start of each shift.
- Closing the space at end of each shift.
- Assist with other light clerical duties and projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service skills (e.g., friendly and personable, greeting each community member warmly)
- Ability to anticipate needs and be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with MicrosoftOffice, Google Workspace, Zoom preferred; if not, ability to learn and work comfortably with these systems
- Availability to work late afternoon/evening hours
- Background in or knowledge of performing arts helpful but not required
- High school degree or equivalent; some college level education experience preferred but not required
- At least 18 years of age
Pay $15/hr. Potential for 6-18 hours/week. Background check required before hiring. Start date the week of August 28-September 3; must be available for one day of training the week of August 21-27.
Metropolitan School of the Arts employs faculty and staff of any sex, race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin, gender identity or sexual orientation and grants them the rights, privileges, and access to programs and activities generally accorded or made available to those at the School. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Interested applicants may send resumes with a cover letter to Louise Hislop at email@example.com.