dance & fitness for adults
Welcome! We are so honored that you have chosen to take classes with us at Metropolitan School of the Arts!
Fitness and/or Dance class cards can be purchased for a discounted rate. Student, teacher, senior (65+), military, and professional discounts are available at the front desk with a valid ID.
Drop in classes are held on the same day and time each week and are taught by highly qualified dance and fitness instructors. Our front desk staff is on hand to guide you through our full schedule of drop-in classes and help you choose the appropriate level class. Advance class reservations are strongly recommended. Class schedule subject to change pending enrollment.
*NEW SUMMER NUTRITION WORKSHOPS!*
Weigh Less, Live More
Thursday, July 11 from 8:00-9:00 pm, $20.00 to attend
Are you tired of yo-yo dieting and results that don’t last? Sustainable weight loss is possible. A life of food freedom without deprivation is attainable. Come and learn why DIETS DON’T WORK. Our Weigh Less, Live More workshop will give you the tools and tricks you need to drop the pounds, change your habits, increase your energy and feel your best.
In this 1-hour workshop you will learn:
- The top 10 factors weighing you down
- Why diets don’t work
- Strategies to permanent weight loss
- 10 unexpected causes of weight gain
- Lifestyle changes that change everything
Thursday, July 18 from 8:00-9:00 pm, $20.00 to attend
Do you have an incurable sweet tooth? Do you have low energy in the middle of the day? Tired of always being tired? If so, this workshop will be a turning point in your life.
It’s about freedom. Not deprivation. Freedom to eat the foods you love, and enjoy the sweetness of life without the side effect of guilt. Time to take control, learn the physical and emotional contributors to your sugar cravings and receive practical tools for dealing with them.
This workshop will change your relationship with sugar for good.
- In this 1-hour workshop you will learn:
- Tips and strategies to reduce your sweet cravings that really work!
- The top ways sugar is negatively affecting your health and happiness
- Tips to eat foods you enjoy and not deprive yourself
- How your lifestyle affects your cravings
- Strategies to give you more energy and less cravings
Eating for Energy
Thursday, July 25 from 8:00-9:00 pm, $20.00 to attend
What would your life would look like if you had more energy?
Maybe you could watch an entire movie without falling asleep, or have the stamina to take an evening walk. Perhaps with more energy, you could productively check things off your list without the assistance of caffeine or sit at your desk in the afternoon without wanting to climb under it and take a nap.
Clear up the confusion about what foods are best to eat to increase your energy, and explore what factors in your life may be depleting you. Our Eating for Energy workshop will permanently change the way you think about food as fuel.
Say goodbye to the stimulants and pick-me-ups. Say goodbye to the exhaustion, fatigue and lack of motivation. Time to wake up and make a change. Let’s put that sparkle in your eye and hop in your step!
In this 1-hour workshop you will learn:
- Tips to have you leaping through your afternoon slump
- Foods that provide long-lasting energy
- Lifestyle factors that increase and decrease energy
- What foods could be decreasing your energy
- How to eat foods you love, while still maintaining sustainable energy
- Imbalances that can affect your food choices and energy levels
Children’s Yoga Class Workshop in July
Our Children’s Yoga Class Workshop Four Class Series is designed for kids ages 8-12, designed to promote a love of movement, cultivate self-esteem and body awareness. Each class will incorporate functional movement, stretching and mindfulness to build physical strength as well as a mind-body connection. These skills will build confidence and acceptance to be applied in every aspect of their lives. We will practice multiple movement strategies as well as learn skills and techniques for self-calming and stress relief. Our goal is to develop strong minds and bodies while learning to release tension and relax. As an added bonus, some healthy eating tips will be included to encourage the kids to make smart food choices!
This class will meet on Wednesday nights from 6:00-7:00 pm on July, 3, 10, 17 and 24. Cost for workshop is $75.00.
*Separate Class Cards must be purchased for dance and fitness classes*
• Drop-In Class: $18
• 10-Class Card: $150 ($15/class – expires 6 months after issue date)
• 20-Class Card: $260 ($13/class – expires 12 months after issue date)
• 30-Class Card: $360 ($12/class – expires 12 months after issue date)
• 1 Month Unlimited *NEW*: $125 (expires 1 month after issue date)
New Student Specials!
Want to try those tap shoes back on? Interested in feeling the burn in barre class? Well, now’s your time! First time adult students at Metropolitan can take 3 classes for only $30! New Student Special available here!
*All purchases are final and non-refundable. Class capacity is limited. Online reservations are suggested as space is not guaranteed. Reservations may be forfeited in the case of late arrivals. Valid for drop-in classes only.