Once your application has been received and accepted, we will schedule your audition. Please email us with any questions at email@example.com.
The audition process is an opportunity for the applicant to share his or her talents and skill level in a variety of art forms. All applicants audition in the areas of music, dance and theater. It is preferred that applicants attend a live audition. If a live audition is not possible, applicants may submit a DVD demonstrating the audition requirements. The audition is a closed, professional process. If you have any questions regarding audition requirements, please feel free to contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 703.339.0444.
- 16-32 bars of a music theater song selection with vocal track accompaniment. Students may choose to perform our preselected vocal track or select their own. The preselected sheet music, an example track with vocal track and the karaoke track are listed below.
- Male: “If I Only Had a Brain” Sheet Music / Karaoke Track / Vocal Track
- Female: “Over The Rainbow” Sheet Music / Karaoke Track / Vocal Track
- Optional for instrumentalists: Prepare and perform one musical selection that demonstrates your musicianship and technical proficiency. Instrumental music students must bring their instruments to the audition. The school will provide a piano.
- Contemporary monologue that is one minute or less in length. You may also choose to read/perform one of our preselected monologues. We ask that you DO NOT prepare Shakespeare or other classical monologues
- Male: Preselected Monologue
- Female: Preselected Monologue
- Ballet technique class will be given for students with prior dance training. A movement class, based on modern dance principles will be offered for students without prior dance training.
- Optional for dancers: Trained dancers may prepare a 1-2 minute solo work demonstrating artistry and technical proficiency. Please bring your music selection on an iPod or e-mail your music selection to us at email@example.com in advance.
Dance Audition Attire:
Females: pink tights, black leotard, pink ballet shoes (no pointe shoes required) and hair in bun
Males: black tights or fitted black shorts, fitted white t-shirt, black ballet shoes
Students will have a short opportunity to change for their music and theater auditions.