OMG, like you totally have to join us this summer for a Legally Blonde MT Summer Intensive!
Get your Pink On to learn excerpts of this super fun show and train with choreographer and former Broadway Performer, Mary Robare, Nationally acclaimed Music Director, N.Thomas Pedersen and MSA’s stellar Coach/conductor, John Henderson. Spend ten days in-person learning excerpts from this award-winning Broadway musical sensation, based on the hit movie of the same name.
Created for aspiring company dancers, college-bound musical theater students and Broadway hopefuls, students in this intensive will participate in daily vocal and acting coaching as well as a variety of dance classes and rehearsals. The program will culminate in a memorable performance at The George Washington Masonic National Memorial. Participants must submit applications and video auditions by April 1 for early-bird registration, and by June 1 for regular registration. Applicants will receive acceptance notifications within ten days of submission.
Space is limited; audition windows may close early if all roles have been cast prior to June 1.
ACADEMY INTENSIVE DIRECTOR: N. Thomas Pedersen.
FACULTY: N. Thomas Pedersen, Mary Robare, John Henderson
Dates: June 20-30 (Monday 6/20-Saturday 6/25 and Monday 6/27 – Thursday 6/30)
Locations: Please note that this is a performance-based intensive. The majority of the intensive will rehearse at Metropolitan School of the Arts; however, there will be one tech day and one performance day at the George Washington Masonic National Memorial.
Eligibility: By audition; rising 8th graders and up. Material rated PG-13.
Tuition: Before April 1, 2022: $950.00
After April 1, 2022: $1000.00
Deadline to audition: June 1, 2022 (pending availability)
Vocal – 32 bars in the style of Legally Blonde, or you may sing from the show.
Dance – 30 seconds of dance in any style that show a turn, a kick and your personality.
- Please note that as this is a performance-based intensive with limited spots awarded by audition-only, we cannot offer refunds or credits once acceptances have been sent and enrollments have been confirmed.
- Payment in full of all current and past due charges is required in order to participate in summer programs.
- MSA does not offer refunds or credits for classes/lessons missed due to student absence/non-attendance, inclement weather or similar circumstances.
- The schedule is subject to change or cancellation based on enrollment. Students will be contacted if a cancellation is deemed necessary due to low enrollment. A refund for any fees paid will be issued.
- MSA will abide by government health guidelines and therefore classes may be in person, virtual or a mixture of both at any point during the season. Tuition will not change based on any changes to in person status deemed necessary in order to comply with CDC and VADH guidelines at time of the intensive.