secure your audition today!
Once your application has been received and accepted, we will schedule your audition. Please email us with any questions at email@example.com.
The audition process is an opportunity for the applicant to share his or her talents and skill level in a variety of art forms. All MSA applicants audition in the areas of music, dance and theater. It is preferred that applicants attend a live audition. If a live audition is not possible, applicants may submit a DVD demonstrating the audition requirements. The audition is a closed, professional process. If you have any questions regarding audition requirements, please feel free to contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 703.339.0444 x3.
- 16-32 bars of a music theater song selection with accompaniment. Please let us know if you will require an accompanist. You will need to bring sheet music for the accompanist that is clearly marked and in the correct key. No acapella choices, please. Preselected vocal choice with sheet music, an example track with vocal and the karaoke track listed below.
- Male: If I Had a Brain Sheet Music / Karaoke Track / Vocal Track
- Female: Over The Rainbow Sheet Music / Karaoke Track / Vocal Track
- Optional for instrumentalists: Prepare and perform one musical selection that demonstrates your musicianship and technical proficiency. Instrumental music students must bring their instruments to the audition. The school will provide a piano.
- Contemporary monologue that is two minutes or less in length. You may also choose to read/perform one of our preselected monologues. We ask that you DO NOT prepare Shakespeare or other classical monologues
- Male: Preselected Monologue
- Female: Preselected Monologue
- Ballet technique class will be given for students with prior dance training. A movement class, based on modern dance principles will be offered for students without prior dance training.
- Optional for dancers: Trained dancers may prepare a 1-2 minute solo work demonstrating artistry and technical proficiency. Please bring your music selection on an iPod or e-mail your music selection to us at email@example.com in advance.
Dance/Movement Audition Attire:
Ballet Audition Attire:
Females: pink tights, black leotard, ballet shoes (no pointe shoes required) and hair in bun
Males: black tights, white t-shirt, ballet shoes
Females and Males: yoga/sweat pants, t-shirt, no shoes required, long hair tied back
Students will have a short opportunity to change for their music and theater auditions.